Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Judgemental People

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2015-02-16

PM

I am really tired of reading these horrible comments about how irresponsible student loan borrowers are. I read one comment about a man who took out a student loan during the Carter Administration and paid it back. And since I am struggling, that makes me lower than dirt. I remember that time. My mom use to pay 60 bucks a month in rent with all utilities included.
Last comment I read regarding student loans was “what is your Netflix, hulu, infinity budget?” ...Zero. Who can afford Hulu?
I do not know why I find all these comments hurtful. I took out $70,000 because it was that or go on welfare and food stamps. I worked so hard making $10-12k a year raising my son on my own before finishing college. I did not spend the money on vacations or a Porsche. We ate and paid rent on my little 2 bedroom condo full of garage sale furniture. After graduation, I immediately began work at 4X the pay!! I got my graduate degree and immediately got a promotion with a 10% raise. I want to feel pride for pulling myself up, but instead I feel like everyone still looks down on me. As if I somehow came by my success and salary by cheating.