Welcome guest, please Login or Register

No Cosigner Student Loan

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-08-10

PM

Hi,
I was wondering if it was possible to get a No Cosigner Student Loan. I have researched them and websites say you can get them, yet they don’t say where to go to get a Private no cosigner loan. Last year at college I was able to get a relative to cosigner. That isn’t going to happen this year and my mom can’t cosginer a loan. I have talked to the school about borrowing the max amount for federal aid but i still need about $5000. Do you know if there are any out there?
Thanks, Amanda

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 604

Joined 2011-03-30

PM

I’m not a big fan of private loans and am not a great source of information about them.  Mark Kantrowitz of FinAid.org posts this information: http://www.finaid.org/loans/privatestudentloans.phtml

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-10-31

PM

Informative thread about a student loan. I agree that getting a student loan is not just easy and yes, it is true that no cosigner student loan would be a great help. But recently, when I heard the news from this article Administration announces plan to ease student loan burden stating that Obama administration is planning to ease the student loan, I find it a great relief. Student loans have overtaken credit cards as the country’s chief cause of long term debt. Wednesday the Obama administration announced a brand new plan to help ease that burden. The administration also plans other actions to address the economy without the approval of Congress. Oh! This seems a good news to hear for.