Welcome guest, please Login or Register

501 (c) (6)

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-11-15

PM

I finished my masters degree a year ago, and am paying both my grad and undergrad loans back now. I currently for a 501(c)(6) organization. My organization is dedicated to improving the civil justice system through legislative advocacy and the professional development of attorneys who represent the injured. We also have a 501 (c)(3) for our foundation. Although, I haven’t worked here long, I was wondering if I would qualify (after the required time… which I believe is 8 months?)?

This is a link to (a specific section that describes our bylaws, etc. in more detail for the association) our website: https://www.marylandassociationforjustice.com/index.cfm?pg=MAJConstitution#II

Any and all help is MUCHHHHHHH appreciated! Thank you!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-03-02

PM

thayilT - 15 November 2015 12:49 AM

I finished my masters degree a year ago, and am paying both my grad and undergrad loans back now. I currently for a 501(c)(6) organization. My organization is dedicated to improving the civil justice system through legislative advocacy and the professional development of attorneys who represent the injured. We also have a 501 (c)(3) for our foundation. Although, I haven’t worked here long, I was wondering if I would qualify (after the required time… which I believe is 8 months?)?

This is a link to (a specific section that describes our bylaws, etc. in more detail for the association) our website: https://www.marylandassociationforjustice.com/index.cfm?pg=MAJConstitution#II

Any and all help is MUCHHHHHHH appreciated! Thank you!

I thought it was 12 months. Anyway I’m in the same boat as you trying to pay off my loans. How are things going for you thay?

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 154

Joined 2015-01-08

PM

what required time are you talking about? You don’t have to be at an employer for a set amount of time to get payments to count…I’ve submitted employment certification forms after being at a job for 1 month and received verification that my payment counted. I believe if it is not a 501c3, it can still qualify if it provides one of the public services listed on the employment certification form. You can call fedloan servicing to see if the place of employment is listed in their database as a qualifying organization, but even if it isn’t, it could still count with what I described above.