Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Fedloan automatically put loan into Forbearance??

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-02-04

PM

We submitted our annual Recertification through Navient in October. In December, we submitted the PSLF certification form to the Dept of Ed because my husband has been with a non-profit for three years, and we really wanted to verify that we are getting credit. Unfortunately, navient never updated the recertification, and for some reason Fedloan put us into forbearance as soon as they transferred the loan. This is a huge issue for us, because my husband is a physician, and we are blessed enough to have the first 48 payments he makes be based on a resident’s salary. They have effectively negated that benefit for at least one, possibly two months so far. Is this a common issue?

Joined 2016-03-20

PM

Hello!
I’m new to this forum, and am here for the same problem! It’s been 4 months and I can’t get FedLoan to put me back into an IBR program, which I had been happily paying into with my other loan company. As soon as I submitted verification from my employer that I was at a non-proft, all my loans were transferred to FedLoan and now I’ve been fighting them to get back into an IBR program! Did you ever get resolution on this?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-03-31

PM

I would suspect you were placed into a transfer forbearance, which basically means FLS needs time to get your account set up. Consider yourself lucky. I had similar situation but instead of putting me into forbearance, they backdated my billing due date and said I was delinquent before my account was even opened! If the forbearance lasts more than one billing cycle, I’d call and complain. Every month they delay is another month in the future you’ll still be making student loan payments. You salary now is likely a lot less than it will be 6 years from now, so it’s costing you money.

Joined 2016-04-01

PM

exc34 - 31 March 2016 03:06 PM

I would suspect you were placed into a transfer forbearance, which basically means FLS needs time to get your account set up. Consider yourself lucky.

I do.  I have my forbearance active for 2 months while they setup the IBR to qualify for PSLF.  FLS customer service isn’t the nicest, but I think things moved better/into action when I talked to a supervisor there.