Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Student Loan Attorney or Adviser Referral

Poll: Has anyone sucessfully used a financial adviser or attorney to assist with private student loan debt?
Total Votes: 1
Yes
No
I’m also looking for assistance
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-04-09

PM

Hi,

I am having trouble paying my student loans. I have both private and federal loans that equal about $280,000. I graduated from law school in 2007. I work for a community college, so I qualify for PSLF. I am currently in repayment under IBR and PSLF. I have about eight years left. However, I would like to get married, buy a home, have children, save for retirement, and I have high medical bills. Based on my loan payments, I cannot do any of those.
I have no other debt, as I filed for bankruptcy (Chapter 7) in 2013. However, the attorney I hired did not have a lot of experience in student loan debt discharge. I made the mistake of using a lot of my student loan funds to pay off credit card bills, travel, and pay for housing and living expenses. In addition, I had a lot of trouble finding a job right out of law school, so I have used up all my deferment and forbearance time. This also caused my loan debt to skyrocket.

Do you have or know of some type of referral system where I can find a legitimate financial adviser and/or attorney in my state (Florida) who can assist me with information on changing my IBR plan, the benefits or detriments if I get married, and whether or not I can reopen my bankruptcy to try and discharge loans that were not used for educational purposes? Or really, to provide me with any type of one-on-one advise?

Thanks.

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-04-12

PM

Hello there, I feel bad reading your post. I hate to see people who are trying to get it together go through what you are experiencing.I have successfully discharged roughly $90,000 worth of adverse negative accounts from off of my credit report in the last three months. Which has been an incredible experience. I did so for $4.95 (yes that decimal is in the correct place). You need help with student loans which are not really my forte’. I do however, have a friend (Private Attorney General), who has plenty of experience in this area. He specializes in Tax Law and Trust Law, He also does quite a bit with mortgage foreclosures, and student loans. I would be happy to connect you with him if you’d like me to do so. At the very least he could give you some decent advice and maybe guide you in the right direction where your bankruptcy and Loans are concerned. If interested let me know and I will give you his info. Good luck…

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-04-09

PM

Hi Ze,

Can you share his info with me?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-09-14

PM

Hi Teresa,
I’m in the same situation. Did you find help?