Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Still ok to have a part time job in the for-profit world when seeking Public Service Loan Forgiveness?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Hello!
I am super encouraged by your forum and thank you THANK YOU for your knowledge and expertise.  I am ready to tackle my student loan monster.
I work for a university, and work part time in the public sector, too.  Different jobs at different times - retail, customer service, yadda yadda.  You gotta do what you gotta do, right?  And I searched your forums, and long ago you responded to a part time barista who also worked in the public sector that part time work was ok, as long as full time work in the not for profit world was maintained and all the other steps were followed.

So I am asking - this is still ok, right? Nothing as changed since then?

THANK you again.  So helpful.

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2016-10-13

PM

My understanding is that you can have as many side gigs as you want as long as you maintain at least 30hrs per week in the non-profit position. You can even have 2 part time jobs in non-profit working 15hrs each and you would still qualify because you are working 30hrs total in non-profit. That would obviously open yourself up to a lot more paper work tracking and potential for errors but…the bottom line is maintain at least 30hrs in non-profit and you will be good.