Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Student loans of woman wanting to enter religious life

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-12-18

PM

I am working with a woman who wants to become a nun and she has a $167,000 student loan of which she’s paid $11,000 off at this point.  She has a DLSCNS and a DLUCNS loan through the US Dept. of Education.  Most communities require that a person has no debt when they enter.  However it would be years before this woman could enter if we required this. 
Can a person defer loan payments for 1 or 2 years while they are in what we call the novitiate?  Also, from what I read, if she were to work in one of our ministries [before and after the novitiate] of health care or human or social service programs which are 501(c)3’s for at least 30 hours weekly, these would qualify still under the 10 year forgiveness programs? As long as its not proselytizing, worship related… correct?
Are there other ways to seek forgiveness of the loan sooner than the 120 qualifying payments?
Anything else I should pay attention to?
Thanks.

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2022-02-01

PM

Oh, I’m thinking about entering religious life as well because I believe that’s the best option for me, but I’m not sure about that.

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2022-02-02

PM

I’m not sure if you can find an answer there, but you can contact a psychic to understand whether it’s actually the best option for you or not. After reading an article on kasamba.com about psychics, I decided to contact one, and I can tell you that y life changed for the best, so I’m sure someone there will tell you whether you should enter religious life or not.