Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Answers from Heather :: Private Student Loans :: Thread

Missing loan documentation

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-11-18

PM

Hi Heather,

I have a question regarding private student loans I’m hoping you can advise on.

A recent review of my account history led me to question the way my loan payments are being applied, so I contacted my lender to request copies of my loan applications, which include the terms and conditions of my loan, as well as the supplemental disclosure statements relating to those loans. After multiple requests to which I received either incomplete responses or no response at all, my lender recently sent me a letter stating that they are unable to locate the documentation I’ve requested.

Do lenders have an obligation to provide this information? It doesn’t seem appropriate that a lender can enforce the terms of a loan when they cannot demonstrate what those terms are.

Any thoughts or advice you can offer are very much appreciated, thanks.

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2022-02-15

PM

Hello. When working with documents of various types, many people are faced with the need to convert files. And for this, I can advise you on a proven free tool https://www.pdfplatform.com/convert-tiff-to-pdf so that you can quickly resolve issues with converting tiff files to pdf. You can try it right now or just bookmark it to use when you need to convert.