Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Position created by and paid through federal grant, but staffed through for-profit / private company

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-03-18

PM

Hello Heather,

I work full time as a overnight wellness liaison/tenant liaison in a unique apartment community providing housing for young adults (18-24) who have aged out of foster care and/or at risk of becoming homeless.The apartment community is the result of a collaboration between one for-profit and one non-profit organization. The for-profit organization is a property management company and the non-profit is a public, child and family services, 501 (c)(3), agency. I am a direct care provider for this target demographic, my position has been created through the guidelines and funds of a Community Development Block Grant, and the funds are administered by the non profit 501 (c)(3). However, the non profit has chosen to have the hiring of my position, and the payroll staffed by the for-profit. I was told by the for-profit at my orientation that they ‘bill’ the non-profit and the funds for my salary come out of the CDBG grant.

Again, my management is non-profit, the funds come from a federal grant, I provide wellness and liaison services directly to an at-risk population, but my checks are cut by the for-profit and have their name on them.

Is there a way for me to qualify for PSLF?

Sincerely from the Rust Belt,